George Betts is Fifth 'Outstanding Leadership & Management' Judgement from OfSTED in less than a year
Allan Shephard and his team at George Betts Primary Academy in Sandwell have been rated as Outstanding by OfSTED and join the list of Elliot Foundation academies whose leadership has been given the highest rating in the last year.
The full report can be found here and is full praise for the pupils, teachers, school leaders and governors. In fact we have rarely found the word ‘exceptional’ used so often in an Ofsted report of a school which has been rated as ‘good’ overall. And perhaps this is the point because George Betts is in the top 3% nationally for value added which is exceptional by any definition.
Key points made by inspectors include:
- The Principal provides determined and inspirational leadership
- The Principal and other leaders have been extremely effective in accelerating pupils’ progress and improving the quality of teaching
- The high levels of personal care and support given to pupils contribute significantly to the success of this school
- The school is exceptionally successful at developing a harmonious and tolerant learning environment
- There are highly effective procedures to ensure that pupils are safe
- The new curriculum is having a very positive impact on pupils’ learning, achievement and preparation for the future
Our congratulations go to all involved with the school.Back to News